By now you are 11 days into journaling your 5 daily gratitudes. I hope you are starting to see a shift in your thoughts.
Today I wanted to share something creative with you. I have always had an interest in bookbinding. I think it is a beautiful art and the perfect way to house your words. In the spirit of gratitude for beauty, I will show you how to make a simple, bound notebook. If you are using the downloadable gratitude journal this month, it’s time to start thinking about next month and beyond. I like to keep a separate journal that is small on my bedside table just for my gratitude practice, and this small notebook is perfect.
The best part about this notebook is the simplicity. Anyone can make it with any type of supplies. Jump on in and get creative! Creativity is another form of awareness.
Cardstock - 5 3/4" x 12"
Paper - 5 1/2" x 9 1/2" folded in half
Waxed linen thread or embroidery floss
- Line up the paper and cardstock, all flushed to the left and hold with binder clips (you should have 2 1/2" of cardstock on the right that does not have paper covering it. This is for your flap
- Punch three holes that are evenly spaced in the center of paper.
- Using waxed linen thread or embroidery floss, sew through the holes in the following pattern.
- Start in the middle hole, inside to out leaving a few inches of tail.
- Enter the top hole from the outside to the inside.
- Pass OVER the middle hold on the inside and enter the bottom hole from the inside to the outside.
- Pass back through the middle hole from the outside to the inside.
- Using the tail from the beginning, tie the two threads together in a knot to secure bind.
- Fold the flap. I secured the flap with a grommet and extra thread but you can get creative and change it up.
Stamps, paints, or markers to decorate and date your pages.
Photos and instructions originally posted here.