A: You are right! Vision boards are very useful tools and they have the power to manifest what you want in your life.
What you think, you become.
What you feel, you attract.
What you imagine, you create.
Just as Buddha taught, attention is powerful and where your attention flows, your energy goes. Before creating your board, the best place to start is to spend some time figuring out what you want. Here is a journal exercise that will help get you started. Answer the following questions.
- If money, people’s opinion’s and judgements, and fear were not factors, what would you do, have or be?
- What beliefs or things would you have to let go of to create this in your life?
- What would you have to believe in order to be, do or have these things?
Once you are able to answer these questions you can move on to making your board. There are three types of vision boards and the type you choose is dependent upon how you answered the above questions.
- I know exactly what I want - The questions were easy!
- Opening and allowing - You have an idea about what you want, but you aren’t 100% sure. Most people use this type.
- Theme (i.e. health, new romance) - This type of board is about a very specific goal.
Next, start collecting images from magazines and/or the internet. This can include quotes and other text as well. Choose any image that makes your body go crazy. Images of who you want to become, what or who you want to have, where you want to live or vacate.
Then, adhere your collected items to a foam board or a piece of card board. It can be any size, and you can use just the front or both sides of the board. Go with what feels right here.
Place your board in a prominent place so you see the images often. Set an intention to be open to opportunities that present themselves in your life that match what is on your board.
Best of luck and have fun!