Sound is everywhere. It is intertwined with your daily life through the coffee machine, your children laughing, street noise and music. Many of your memories and comforts are found in music. Sound can affect your moods and has the ability to energize you or slow you down. Plain and simple, some sounds make you feel better than others. But what about sound you can't hear?
According to the law of physics, we are all energy. Energy, in terms of the body, is vibrational sound. Joshua Leeds says in The Power of Sound, "whether or not we can hear it, everything has a sound, a vibration, all its own." When your natural vibration is out of tune you are highly susceptible to disease. In addition to being physically disrupting, being out tune affects your mental and spiritual health as well.
How does your body get out of tune? There are many reasons for the cause of dissonance in the body. Our modern world is demanding. Self care, mindfulness and relaxation are not tools utilized on a regular basis. However, the biggest culprit is an indoor lifestyle. According to the EPA, the average American spends 93% of time indoors. Consider this; we are born out of nature. We are animals after all. We have basic instincts that have evolved over millions of years. Our indoor lifestyle is relatively new in our human existence. Since the body is a natural organism it only makes sense that the physical, mental and spiritual systems are calibrated through nature. This process works through the vibrational sounds found outdoors that match the body's vibrations. The more time you spend indoors the less your body is in a state of balance.
If 93% of your time you are aligning with the wrong vibration, your body, mind and spirit are suffering. As a person striving to live a rich, wild and abundant life it doesn't add up. Living the indigo lifestyle means all systems are balanced and well, and that's hard to do when you are not considering the power vibrational sound can have. If you want to be well, as I imagine you do, there are a few things you can do to heal your body with sound.
FIVE WAYS TO KEEP THE BODY IN TUNE
- MEDITATE - You are robbed of silence on a regular basis. The senses are bombarded with noises that vibrate very low (cell phones, electronics, electricity, etc.). The body naturally has a high vibration. Creating silence through meditation will give your body space it needs to raise up.
- DITCH THE PHONE - Have regular intervals of no phone time. No dinging, buzzing, clicking, or clacking. Also by doing this you give your body rest from the sound of your phone you can't hear.
- MOTION - Movement uses energy and the body responds to motion. The body is meant to move. Take time to go for a short walk, ride a bike, run, or do yoga. Preferably outside. Using energy through excise raises your vibration.
- GROUND YOURSELF - Grounding is the ultimate way to clear the body of stagnate energies that cause disease. Take off your shoes, find grass, stone or sand and walk around barefoot for 5-10 minutes. Do this daily.
- GO OUTSIDE - Simply put, the best thing you can do for your health is spend as much time outside as you can. Work from an outdoor cafe, create a backyard oasis, or take your child(ren) and/or pets to the park.